Sunday 25 August 2013

Interviews



Roy Marshall has been posting interviews with poets on his blog. I find that people who write poetry like to find out what other people who write poetry are thinking about poetry. (That's not intended to be a tongue twister by the way).  I know this as a fact because whenever I go to events discussions tend to involve thoughts on poetry shared liberally over pop and wine.

These interviews often bring up some fascinating details about interests, practices and general thoughts on poetry. These interviews have included poets such as Jodie Hollander, Ian Parks, Matt Merritt and Rebecca Bird. There will probably be more. He interviewed moi as well. I talked quite a bit about what advice I would give new poets, influences and some general thoughts on editing, ideas and so on. Why not make yourself a cup of tea, or a glass of red wine or lemonade, and have a read right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment